The new Drama Book Shop. (Photo: dramabookshop.com)
As first announced in the Broadway Briefing, The Drama Book Shop will be hosting its first in-person book signing at its new location. And who better to christen the occasion than one of the heroes who helped reopen the store?
Lin-Manuel Miranda, along with Quiara Alegría Hudes and Jeremy McCarter, will appear at The Drama Book Shop on Wednesday, July 21 at 2:00 PM to sign copies of their book In The Heights: Finding Home. Miranda and Hudes are creators of the book’s eponymous musical-turned-movie, and McCarter is a cultural critic teaming up with the pair to pen the work. Tickets for the coveted event will go on sale on the bookshop’s website as of Friday, July 16, at 10:00 AM.
The bookshop’s website issued safety and efficiency protocols around what is sure to be a buzzy event, including that only one copy of In The Heights: Finding Home will be signed for each ticket holder. Prices are not announced, and other stipulations are below:
- If you cannot attend, there will be a limited number of signed copies available for purchase.
- Ticket holders will receive an email with further event details/instructions for your time slot. To ensure a fabulous event for ALL attendees, please adhere to this schedule; appointment times cannot be changed.
- All attendees must wear a mask inside.
- There will be no pictures taken with the authors.
- There will be no additional people allowed inside for the signing or to shop.
- One adult can come with one child under 12 years old for no extra charge.
- NO bags will be allowed in the store during this event.
The Drama Book Shop will close to the public at 12:00pm on July 21. Only ticket holders will be allowed into the shop. The eagerly awaited follow-up to the #1 New York Times bestseller Hamilton: The Revolution, Lin-Manuel Miranda’s new book In the Heights: Finding Home gives readers an extraordinary inside look at In the Heights, his breakout Broadway debut, written with Quiara Alegría Hudes, now a Hollywood blockbuster.