It’s not often theater news makes it on to the front page of major papers, but some recent Broadway stories have been seriously buzz-worthy. So let’s catch up by taking a quick scan of the headlines with links to the full story…
- Broadway’s Rebecca Flames Out: The New York Times’ Patrick Healey has been doing extensive investigative work into the mysterious disappearing investor that hastened the collapse of the Broadway bound show — on the eve of its first rehearsal.
- Theatrical Power Duo Ties the Knot: Five-time Tony-winner Audra McDonald and Tony-nominee Will Swenson were married over the weekend at a ceremony in Croton-on-Hudson, New York and People Magazine has the story.
- Star-Studded Cast Reads Into the Woods Film for Investors: Nathaniel at The Film Experience has a picture of the program from last week’s invite only reading of the Sondheim masterpiece’s film adaptation, including info on which Oscar-laden lady is being circled as a possible “Witch”.
- King Kong Stomps Into Melbourne Theater: Over the weekend, producers of the mega-musical, Australian adaptation of King Kong took over the internet for an unprecedented live-streaming, global introduction to the show, its cast and some of its songs.
- Bleep Magazine Goes Broadway: The internet magazine released a full issue devoted to the stars of New York theater including Broadway Blog favorites Nick Adams, Julia Murney and more.