A quick round-up of the weeks theater headlines:
- Want tickets to a “secret” performance by the cast of the upcoming revival of Jesus Christ Superstar? “Like” their Facebook page by Monday and you can be entered to win passes to the special event as well as tickets to the show.
- Need another reason to see Audra McDonald’s bravura performance in The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess? Buy tickets to the February 21st performance through givenik.com, send your confirmation number to RSVP@givenik.com and you’ll be invited to a special post-show cast party at B. Smith’s, supporting Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
The multiplex to Main Stem fast lane continues to hum with the announcement of a Broadway bound adaptation of Honeymoon in Vegas, with music and lyrics by Tony Award-winner Jason Robert Brown (Parade) and book by Andrew Bergman (director and screenwriter of the original film which starred Nicolas Cage and Sarah Jessica Parker).
- Playbill.com is reporting that the cast of Les Miserables will be singing live on sound stages and not lip-synching to pre-recorded tracks, at least for a portion of the film adaptation directed by Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech).
- Stick Fly, the well-reviewed family drama presented by singer Alicia Keys, announced it will be closing Sunday, February 26 following 24 previews and 92 regular performances on Broadway.
- Setting to rest any of the “will it or won’t it” drama of last week, the producers of the Pulitzer-winning Clybourne Park announced an official schedule, beginning previews March 26 and opening April 19.